Prep Time: 10mins
Cooking Time: 30mins
Total Time: 40mins
1 white onion (peeled, chopped)
1 clove of garlic (peeled, chopped)
17 ounces fresh fava beans
7 ounces fresh peas
Small handful of mixed fresh rosemary, mint, and thyme
3 bay leaves
½ lemon (seeded)
Splash olive oil
Salt and pepper
Mint leaves (to garnish)
1. Add the onion and garlic to a pan and sauté until translucent.
2. Add the fava beans followed by the peas, rosemary, mint, thyme bay leaves and lemon.
3. Pour in sufficient water to cover and allow the soup to simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove and discard the bay leaves and lemon.
5. In a food blender, process the mixture until fully combined and smooth.
6. Season to taste and serve with a splash of olive oil a spoonful of ricotta (optional) cheese and garnish with mint leaves.