- 6 egg yolks
- 185g) white sugar">3/4 cup (185g) white sugar
- 2/3 cup (170ml) milk
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 450g mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup (65ml) strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) rum
- 190g sponge finger/savoiardi biscuits (about ¾ packet)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Preparation:35min › Cook:4hours › Ready in:4hours35min
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form. Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- In a small flat bowl, combine coffee and rum. Split sponge fingers or savoiardi in half lengthwise and drizzle with coffee mixture.
- Arrange half of soaked biscuits in bottom of a 18x28cm dish. Spread half the mascarpone mixture over biscuits, then half of whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.