- 400g) tins diced tomatoes">2 (400g) tins diced tomatoes
- 170g) tin tomato paste">1 (170g) tin tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped or torn
- salt and pepper to taste
- 500g spaghetti">500g spaghetti
Preparation: 5min › Cook: 30min › Ready in: 35min
- In a saucepan, combine tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano and dried basil. Bring to a simmer and cook 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat a saucepan of salted water to boiling. Cook the spaghetti, stirring so it doesn’t stick, until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Divide the spaghetti between 4 bowls. Spoon over the tomato sauce and top with torn basil leaves.