You can use bacon instead of the pancetta in this quick light meal where tomatoes, spinach and garlic are served with penne.
- 500g penne pasta">500g penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices pancetta, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes">400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 250g fresh spinach, torn">250g fresh spinach, torn
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook until browned and crisp. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, and cook until heated through.
- Place the spinach into a colander, and drain the hot pasta over it so it wilts. Transfer to a large serving bowl, and toss with the remaining olive oil, and the pancetta and tomato mixture.