I N G R E D I E N T S :
- 400 gr.rigatoni
- 1 Kg. pajata (soft interior of milk veal)
- 1 tbsp strutto (lard)
- 1 onion
- 20 gr. lard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 glass of white wine
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 30 gr. pecorino cheese
- ½ l. warm water
M E T H O D :
- Cut pajata in 1,5 cm. pieces.
- In a cooking pot, put strutto, a very thin chopped onion, chopped celery, small pieces of lard, garlic and parsley and leave to fry slowly on a low heat.
- Add pieces of pajata, salt and pepper and let them sauté for a few minutes, wet with white wine.
- When wine has evaporated, add tomato sauce, mix and add warm water.
- It takes about 2 hours and sauce has to be thick and tasty.
- Cook “just done” (al dente) pasta, remove pajata and put it in another casserole-pan with some sauce.
- Season pasta with sauce and pecorino cheese.
- Serve pasta in every single dish and put on some pieces of pajata.